Skip to main content

Decision on Poetry

I have decided to stop promoting my poetry, as poor use of my limited time alive. A major part of that decision is therefore to stop publishing any books or pamphlets of my poetry.

I will still write it and post it on my poetry blog, and also in my notebooks, whatever is most handy when I feel the need to write poetry.

If poetry was ever to have been a healthy financial earner for me I'd continue to promote and publish it, as I quite enjoy that side of it. But on its own, without the financial incentive, it's just not the best thing I can be doing with my time.

I have two collaborations going on, one long-standing with John Guzlowski, the other agreed but not started, with Tim Heerdink, and I'll keep these going but will not promote them. They are fun and good use of time. If they choose to promote and publish I'll happily agree to it but play no part.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C.R.P. 4: 114

  You examine everything in too much detail. Who but the perfect person could comprehend all this. Their discernment unearths all falsehood. They get to the heart of issues and know how to protect the foundation of truth. They ignore all life... The perfect person has set their heart upon what is right. This is an analysis of what we should focus on in our lives. Not knowledge and its infinite distractions from what matters. The flow of existence is so enormous, so ancient, so multifaceted that we can't really grasp it so instead we should just accept it. The falsehood Chuang refers to is all human attempts to control, manipulate, conquer nature. The foundation of truth is that all life, all events, all experiences are simply inevitable part of this single flow. We he writes that they ignore all life, I think he means all human matters, all our petty ideas and discussions, and all our perceived grand plans, visions, concepts. What is right is going with the flow of existence, and t...

Lessons from the Book of Chuang Tzu - Chapter 19

**Know the difference between enjoying and engaging with the Universe and humanity** Don't look for the Universal in humans, but listen to the universal in the universe, for paying attention to the beauties and wonders of the Universe is life-giving, while attending to humanity damages life. So basically what is human in not worthy of our attention - except kindness - whilst the magnificence of the Universe is what to notice and enjoy.

Lessons from the Book of Chuang Tzu - Part 15

**View that one cannot train people to change**  A frog in a well cannot discuss the ocean [therefore first we need to show the "frogs" the ocean. But can frogs ever come to understand ocean?] How do we do that in a modern situation, to those who suffer poverty of spirit, to those with the arrogance of power, etc? A narrow-minded scholar cannot discuss the Tao. [Therefore don't engage in discussion with them. eg. The Entrepreneurial professor at the Hunter Centre. They only see from their narrow perspective. The expert's mind sees few options. The beginner's mind sees all.] **Accept humility that we are insignificant in the big picture of the Universe** We receive the life-breath from the universe, but we are just a little stone or tree set on a great hill compared to this world and beyond. How can we be so arrogant when we are so insignifcant? **All liviing things, all living species are equally important, actually equally trivial, don't harm them** When spea...